Please be aware that the materials listed are for the optional labs that are included in many lessons. These are aptly entitled TO DO YOURSELF, and I considered them to be activities that a motivated student might enjoy - on their own time.
While a few of the TO DO YOURSELF labs were similar to those that I implemented, nearly all of my hands-on activities were ones that I found elsewhere or designed myself.
BTW: Below are some of my favorite activities, now posted on Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT):
- mastering a dichotomous key to trees
- student flashcards / identifying trees (of Eastern USA)
- self-paced bullfrog dissection guide
- basic metric units / conversions
- gardening / a controlled experiment
- seed observation
- acid rain / seed germination -- introduction to controlled experimentation